I thought it would be great to kick off a series called Wine Pairing Wednesdays here on the blog. Last Wednesday I posted on Instagram a wine pairing selection so I thought I would post the tasting notes here for us to enjoy.
- Dish: Meatloaf, Blanched Green Beans and Homemade Mac and Cheese
- Wine Selection: English Newsom Cellars Merlot, 2017
- Tasting Notes: This dish paired nicely together offering a hint of sweetness at the end. This time I used tri-colored bell pepper versus green bell peppers in the meatloaf; therefore, the sweetness of the pepper complimented the soft notes of fruit in the wine. Because this Merlot was not overbearing, it allowed my dish to be the STAR of the evening. My hubby loves my Meatloaf so I am happy that the wine didn’t take away from my delicious menu.
- Winemaker’s Notes:
- Bouquet: Raspberries and Blueberries
- Taste: Soft fruit notes on the palate with an elegant oak finish
- Pairing Suggestions: Roasted Duck, Turkey, and Vegetables
Hope you enjoy this pairing suggestion and the many ones to come.
Salu’d! XOXO, Smiling Danny