I hope you have enjoyed your Summer as it is coming to a close. Each year it feels like it goes by so quickly. For some of us, August is a preparation month; getting ready for the upcoming school year or Fall plans. But this year I have decided to use this time as a wind down or shall I say WINE down/ relaxation period. I really want to enjoy the month and enjoy the little things that are so easily taken for granted. So my evenings have consisted of playing games, reading and nice conversations with family and the company of a delicious glass of wine.
As I was thinking of what to share with you all this month, I decided to look in my wine cabinet and see what I had on hand. I have stored up a little collection and thought I would share some of the wines that I have with you.
- Texas Wines:
- As you know I enjoy visiting wineries and have collected some treasures along the way. I have collected wines from Llano Estacado Winery, English Newsom Cellars, McPherson Cellars and William Chris Vineyards.
- Red Wines:
- Red wine is my favorite wine so most of the wine that I have is red. They consist of Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Malbec, Merlot, Sweet Red, Port, Syrah and Petite Verdot. I also have some varietals/blends such as Cabernet and Cinsaut.
- White Wines, White Zinfandel, and Rose’: I have a few of each of these from Wineries I have visited or from labels such as Beringer or from a wine subscription. I also have a Petite Grange wine and usually I have Sparkling Wine in my cabinet.
- Wine Recommendations: I have a few bottles of wine that were recommended by friends such as the San Antonio Sweet Red that I have posted about before. I also have Chateau Muscar and Conundrum which were recommended by a Sommelier who has visited “The Sister Circle” on TV. Her name is Regine Rousseau and she is the Founder of “Shall We Wine“. I have also posted about Conundrum; it is one of my favorite White Wines.
- Favorite Wine:
- Red: Seven Deadly Zins, Zinfandel, 2012
- White: Conundrum, Blend of Chardonnay, Viognier and More, 2015
- Texas Red: 1836, Llano Estacado, 2010
- Texas White: Texas White, McPherson Cellars, 2015
Most of my wines come from wineries, I have tried main labels but I tend to enjoy wines that I have bought from a winery. I love the experience and the memories that come from walking the vineyard, touring the facility, tasting the wine and conversing with the Sommelier’s.
I’d love to hear about what’s in your wine stash! Leave a comment below or leave a comment on my Instagram post.
And as always, Happy Tasting!
Salu’d, XOXO, Smiling Danny