Have you ever found yourself getting up in the morning and not knowing what to make for breakfast? Or really not having a taste for anything but extremely hungry? It seems like breakfast, or any mealtime for that matter, can be monotonous: Eggs, Oats, and Salty Pork. Of course we can switch it up a bit by making omelets, frittata’s, quiche’s etcetera; but it is still eggs. We can also switch our protein but……I still find myself getting bored very quickly with the breakfast menu.
This month, as a means to find my way out of the tunnel of The Breakfast Rut, I added some fresh fruit, seasonal english muffins, and a mocktail mimosa to our breakfast menu just to add a bit of excitement to my life and taste buds. And I have to admit, it was very nice. On the morning that I made our “Mimosa’s”, it felt like we had went out to a restaurant for brunch! It’s the little things. So although breakfast may seem tedious and overwhelming, little changes here and there can spruce up the menu and add a little excitement along the way.
Well Smileys, that is all that I have for now. I hope you are enjoying the beginning of the holidays with your friends and family. I absolutely love the Fall! Enjoy this time and season, as you can’t get it back. Don’t get caught up in things that are unimportant and frivolous: such as breakfast menus. Instead, enjoy your loved ones and eat good food along the way.
- Mocktail Mimosa:
- 1 Part Sparkling Water
- 2 Parts Orange Juice
- Serve in a champagne flute
- Oven Crispy Bacon
- Place bacon on a sheet pan
- Place in cold oven
- Heat oven to 375 degrees, 400 degrees if thick sliced
- Turn over after one side has browned
- Cooking time depends on bacon manufacturer and bacon thickness so keep an eye out.
- Egg Muffins
- 6 eggs
- Your Choice: garlic, onions, peppers, meat, cheese
- 1/4 c milk
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat raw eggs as normal
- Add whatever vegetables and cheese to eggs
- Add milk
- Pour egg mixture in greased muffin pan
- Cook for about 10 to 15 mins or until egg is firm